Liberty Adoption Announced
[Lost in my draft bin]
Liberty Alliance announced new adoption information. It's a pretty impressive list and forecast for 2006.
Some Notable numbers in summary:
- 120 million citizen identities in the global e-government sector including deployments in Austria, France, Finland, Norway, the Middle East, Spain and the United States;
- 585 million identities and devices in the mobile and telecommunications sector with vendors and carriers around the world implementing Liberty Federation and Liberty Web Services for identity-based consumer and enterprise applications;
- 72 million online service provider users able to leverage Liberty identity specifications for conducting e-commerce and accessing and managing a variety of entertainment and social applications;
- 20 million Liberty enabled identities in the technology and enterprise sectors with organizations managing B2B, B2E and B2C services based on Liberty Federation and Liberty Web Services.
Congrats to the Liberty folks for:
- make this happen
- finding all this deployment data